Monday, 17 November 2008

Calm before the storm

By Darren Roberts

While the lads are in Lanzarote, sunning themselves in the marvellous athlete focussed La Santa, I went to the Lake District to enjoy a not-so-roasty climate for 10 days. As ever it was perfect for off-road training and mountain running, with loads of rain and the odd snow fall. That coupled with the hours of walking and sharing a cosy cottage with my wife, made for perfect pre-race reflection. I have to say; I don't think I've wanted to win something so much for a long long time.

It's been 2 months since we made it into the last 8 and we've talked about the race every day. We've discussed the Amazon and the desert, wondering what those far flung places look like. All in all, we've run through the odd injury and we're ready for the race now - hoping for a Top 3 place. I hope we come across as excited and keen for this opportunity as we are. We know we have the commitment to work our nuts off should we get lucky.
Fingers crossed. Here's a few pics from the Lakes:-

Choosing the hardest routes..














..to stomp in for 10 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment below