Sunday, 25 January 2009

Nearly running on empty

By Steve Tidball

For the first time in months I feel like I've really gone very deep into my reserves. On monday even speaking felt like an effort. Smiling wasn't even an option - just a waste of energy my body could be using to recover. I pushed myself pretty close to my limit. I've increased my long run to 55km, and I completed the whole thing on just water. But it has come at a price.

So I'm going to give myself a bit of a break before we do our training weekend in Yeovil. It's quite daunting feeling this level of fatigue without having even covered half the distance the race is going to be, and having done it in cool January weather with a nice breeze, a change of shoes halfway in between, and knowing I could collapse in front of the Ronnie O' Sullivan vs Mark Selby - all things I'm pretty certain we won't be getting in Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment below