Saturday, 7 March 2009

Team Men's Fitness Go Size Zero

By Steve Tidball

They say the wives of the Tour De France riders can always tell when their husbands are peaking because they start to see their internal organs through their skin.

While I haven’t asked my wife to look for my kidneys just yet I am starting to take race preparations very seriously.

With 5 weeks to go, if it isn’t a muscle or a vital organ I’m getting rid of it – and I’m already down to my race weight of 64kg.

I’m also making sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night – something I’ve never really experimented with – but the results are phenomenal. My energy levels are a lot higher throughout the day.

Finally there’s the training. Most of my runs are now marathons. Last weekend alone I covered 63 miles. And instead of swimming at my gym I now sit on the leg press machine for an

unsociable length of time before cooking myself in the steam room.

Bring on the freaking desert. I’m ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment below