Thursday, 16 April 2009

It's all over

By Darren Roberts

126km. 24 runners. 24 hours. It's all over but what a race it was. On Sunday 12th April, Nick, Steve and I crossed the finish line of our 1st ultra and with temperatures up to 44 degrees, experienced one of the toughest races on earth. Nick and Steve finished in 23hrs 17mins and I staggered across the line in 20hrs 38mins - to win. I can't quite believe it still and it's only just sinking in.

Here's a link to the results (note how incredibly close the finish was!). 1 marathon finisher, 12 ultra finishers (8 within time) and 11 DNF's. Full list of times.

I'll write a more detailed entry in a few days, but I just want to say thank you to the people that have supported us. In no particular order: Men's Fitness, Berghaus, Across The Divide, Garmin, High5, Eletewater, Cotswolds Outdoors, everyone at my work - Delaney Lund Knox Warren, every single other competitor and support crew member, my friends, family and my staunchest supporter and beautiful wife Sarah. It's a surprise to me as much as it is to you ;-)
























At the finish with Tom & Tom - true gents.
Left to right: Tom Maguire (3rd), Me and Tom Adams (2nd)

Men's Fitness magazine articles
Team Men's Fitness wins the Namibian Ultra Marathon
Team Men's Fitness - A winning formula





















Team Men's Fitness pre-race

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add comment below